View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Those comparisons were absolutely horrible. She Weber had the same stat lines in his draft year as Zadorov had, why didn't he use them to compare? It was both of their first years in the CHL as well. I know weber is an exception but still. I would love to see a list of defensemans ppg, gpg, etc. for all drafted Dmen in their draft year and not just a few guys who had absolutely no business being in the NHL. This is why I hate when people go off stats for comparables and not what the player actually looks like when they're playing the game
Reason you dont compare to guys like Weber is because Weber was the exception, not the average. He did a good job compairing though. Look at the players, he did a very good job honestly picking who to compare to. These are guys ranked right where Zadorov is, close to heights and styles of play. Who do you compare Zadorov to then? He isnt a 5'11-6'2 puckmoving defender no matter how you look at it. He's a big guy who likes to hit, and plays solid defense with questionable offense, VERY similar to the players he described in his article.