View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
mozdzend

vCash: 500
To Boston:
- Hemsky @ 50% retained
- Oilers 2013 2nd
- Conditional Oilers 2014 3rd/4th (Turns into 2nd if Hemsky plays less than X games, or doesn't re-sign, etc.)

~~~ I'm not that knowledgeable in the Bruins roster and depth, but it seems apparent that they are in need of a RW. Contrary to some other posters I think Hemsky will be a great fit in Boston (especially at 50%...). His shoulder injuries are an obvious cause for concern, but they seemed to hold up well, and if it weren't for a freak broken foot injury (blocked shot) he would have played nearly the full season. Moving to a bigger and tougher team will also help his output and lower his risk of re-injury in my opinion, as he will not have to go to the dirty areas nearly as much as was required in EDM (the cause of the shoulder issues) and focus on his offense.

To Edmonton:
- Boychuck
- Peverley
- UFA rights to Khudobin

~~~ Boychuck obviously fills the needed role of shutdown D-man who can play big minutes that the Oilers need so badly, also a hometown boy. Peverley is on his way out of Boston regardless it seems, so is essentially a dump (seals Horcoff's fate of trade/buyout). Not sure if Boston has any intention of re-signing Khudobin, if not his rights are worth pennies, but if signed fills the back-up role Khabbi held, while also challenging Dubbie.

IMO and even value trade, addressing both teams needs... But then again could be biased as an Oilers fan... Just my 0.02

mozdzend is offline   Reply With Quote