View Single Post
Old
10-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Habs_Apostle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Jesus Christ, people need to relax. It's as if Samsonov is the only player in the NHL off to a slow start. Have you looked at Martin St. Louis' stats lately? What about Ovechkin? Only 2 goals in 5-6 games! Better trade him!

I think moving him onto the third line for now is a good idea to try and wake him up but the people practically suggesting we should put him on waivers really need to give it a rest. There's always going to be somebody on your team who looks like he's underperforming, that's just how it is. As soon as Samsonov leaves (or improves), we'll find somebody else to pick on.
I agree. In Sammy's defense, he's coming off a very emotional playoffs and is now trying to adjust to a new city/team. I was willing to be patient with the second line, but seeing how Perez is working his buns off he deserves the chance while Sammy 'warms up'. Way too early to give up on Sammy (I may be skeptical, but I'm optimistic he'll find his form). Meanwhile the team as a whole is playing well. Let's be thankful for that.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote