View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Marty's a big believer in the Yzerplan and Yzerman refused to trade Marty at the deadline, so I don't think he's going anyway. We just lost our captain, and I would like to think MAB and Hall were good leaders too, so that makes Marty even more valuable to us. We need someone to lead this club as Syracuse continues to pass players our way and there's not too many better than him.

We have the talent in the AHL and I'm confident we can develop fine NHL players. The question will be how fast can they become impact players for us. Post 05 lockout, the Penguins, Blackhawks, and Capitals were all able to go from losers to yearly playoff teams because they were able to infuse their prospects into their team and they become quality NHL players. Those transitions took 2 or 3 years.

Murray always talks about how winning in the AHL has helped speed up the development of our prospects. We saw that when guys like Palat and Johnson were able to make a pretty smooth transition into the NHL. But how fast can a player like Panik for instance, fit comfortably in our top 6 and put up points like a top 6 NHL winger. Same goes for Kucherov, Namestnikov, Connolly, and some others. Maybe a guy like Drouin comes into this league and lights it up. That helps the process incredibly.

Martys got 2 more years on his deal. Hopefully by then this team is in a much different state and these prospects and young players more than not become the players we thought they could be.
I read this like a father was giving his child advice for adulthood. Lol