View Single Post
Old
06-27-2013, 09:11 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
It depends. I think Holiday is a franchise player in that he can be part of the popular big 3's we see now a days, but I don't think he can carry a team. He's only 23. What if Noel and/or MCW blow? Then what? By 2016 we have to give the Heat the Moultrie pick then we'll really be screwed.

Noel can be an elite defensive player but he has a bad knee and really needs to put on some weight but he has no offensive upside. And I don't see MCW as anything more than a solid starting G, definitely not becoming as good as Holiday.

We're gonna be bad next year regardless with or without Holiday. Holiday might be the difference between pick Top 5th and 9th but that's about it. And I think NO's pick will be in the 10-16 range. They won't be that bad next year. I expected them to be better even without Holiday.

NBA players have a high bust factor. It's scary. Had we traded Turner + something I'm more ok with this. This was like Bynum last year. Bynum for Iguodala and a pick was fine but then we threw in Harkless and Vucevic and I thought it was too risky.

I just like don't like trading Holiday, at all, unless it's in a package for a bonafide star, not for an unproven proven rookie and a pick that could end up outside the Top 10.
You keep talking about this pick but if they are in the lottery in 2014 and 2015 they owe Miami a 2015 and 2016 2nd rounder. Not a big deal considering the value of 2nd round picks these days.