View Single Post
Old
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Mad Habber

vCash: 500
I gotta say, I like the make-up of this team. Some quality depth up front. If we run into injury trouble up front, we can always recall Kots, Lapierre, Ferland. Kots can be put up on the top two lines in a pinch to see what we can get out of him. Plus Perez, Bonk, Johnson and Lats can also move to the top two lines. The only weak links I see so far are, Sammy and Lats, but the season is still young, and they have some time to adjust and get better. I'm not that worried yet. Koivu is also a weak link, if he gets injured for a prolonged length of time, because we don't really have anyone to replace him. Unless Grabs is ready? I don't know. If Saks only misses a handful of games, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

On D, we have some injuries now, and we still have 6 NHL players there. With the acquisition of Ninimaa, our depth at that position has increased greatly. No Pronger or Lidstrom back there, but Carolina didn't have one of those either. And this leaves Cote as the #9 guy. Pretty good depth in my books.

In net, Huet, Abi, Danis and Halak. Halak hasn't played a game yet but if injuries hit hard, you never know, we may see him. Anyways, I would be a lot more confortable seeing him in net, than seeing the 18 year old Olivier Michaud of a few years ago. Even if Michaud played well for his short stint. Anyways, that is still pretty good depth.

All in all, I see good depth at every position except center. And even at center, as long as it isn't for an extended period for Koivu, we should still be ok.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote