View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I haven't seen any mentions of Lecavalier being a Sabres' target - while it doesn't fit into a "rebuild" mode that Black and Regier said was underway, I think there's some merit to what the WGR crew discussed this morning in saying that Pegula - if he does want to keep Miller and Vanek as he said - may think they should try to sign Lecavalier as incentive for those two to stay and show they still want to win ASAP. There are so many interpretations of what "rebuilding" is - but I think the ambiguity that we've heard from all 3 men (Black, Regier and Pegula) on what their real focus with the roster is certainly leads me to think they are talking about making a pitch from Lecavalier. Hradek and Jaffe on NHLN also theorized the Sabres as a possible suitor.

Then again, if Regier is jaded on the recruiting problem and fearful of losing out, despite big money being offered, on a marquee name to other teams, maybe they don't even consider it.

Still, I can see Pegula wanting to try....
I say this all of the time, but if Pegula has any say in these matters it's a very serious problem.