View Single Post
06-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Fraser Read
vCash: 500
Haven't read through the thread, and this area of hockey is far from my specialty. But id just like to chime in that a lot of us here in BC are really excited about the possible Seattle re-location. It will be the first geographical rival the Canucks have ever had, and it will be so nice to have another arena you can make a trip to go see some star players for what I would imagine would be significantly less than we pay for games up here. So I would say based on the BC crowd alone you will be pulling in tonnes of people for any Canucks game, and when any of Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos or other eastern teams/players we haven't got to see much of lately come through.

Also, from my experience I think the people from Seattle can definitely support a team, this may be a incredibly small and ridiculous sample, but any time I go to big Canucks games it seems like i always end up meeting a ridiculous amount of people from Seattle, to the point where I can explicitly remember commenting to a friend "everybody in here is from Seattle" and at least one time in particular it really felt that way. Also here in Victoria I can take a ferry right into downtown Seattle, so I would definitely be making the trip for a couple games next season. Anyways I know nothings official, but I'm pulling for em.

Last edited by Fraser Read: 06-28-2013 at 12:20 AM.