View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I say this all of the time, but if Pegula has any say in these matters it's a very serious problem.
As much as Pegula repeatedly says he has faith in Regier and gives him full authority to him on personnel, he has also said often (echoed by Regier) how they talk nearly every day, sometimes more than once a day. Maybe that's Regier just being deferential and polite but it also suggests that Pegula wants to be updated and informed on matters without pause.

And, as was evidenced during the Golisano/Quinn regime, Regier was always obedient and mindful of the directives made from Ownership. I don't think he's prone to rejecting or overruling Pegula if Pegula expresses a desire to make something happen. There were several reports with the Ehrhoff and Leino signings - and Regehr trade - that Pegula favored all 3 players as targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
I could see the Sabres trying for Lecavalier. No chance he signs with them, though, given that he'll have plenty of options. Why choose Buffalo if you're in his shoes?
I think you're right - especially if Lecavalier isn't just seeking a 1 year bridge deal before going back to Tampa. If he wants a longer term as the media reports, committing to Buffalo could be a hard sell........unless Pegula and Regier try to downplay the "rebuild" motto and bring Vanek/Miller back. Suddenly, the Sabres roster wouldn't look too worse off than what Lecavalier had in Tampa.