View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
As much as Pegula repeatedly says he has faith in Regier and gives him full authority to him on personnel, he has also said often (echoed by Regier) how they talk nearly every day, sometimes more than once a day. Maybe that's Regier just being deferential and polite but it also suggests that Pegula wants to be updated and informed on matters without pause.

And, as was evidenced during the Golisano/Quinn regime, Regier was always obedient and mindful of the directives made from Ownership. I don't think he's prone to rejecting or overruling Pegula if Pegula expresses a desire to make something happen. There were several reports with the Ehrhoff and Leino signings - and Regehr trade - that Pegula favored all 3 players as targets.
I think it's good he keeps informed and engaged, and even brings things up. But if Pegula says "Lecavalier... he can help us make the playoffs" and Regier says that it's better if they just go with who they have, develop players, and see where they're at (while picking up a better pick if they're bad), then re-evaluate in the offseason re: veteran additions, then it's a problem if Regier doesn't win out. Not saying we shouldn't sign Lecavalier, just ... I want Regier to feel that's the way to go.