View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 09:58 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
and we also talk about no patience but someone is a lame duck center based on 48 games when he was instrumental in negotiating the lockout. But regardless we do this over and over again in NY. There is zero patience if someone has a bad season (hell in this case half season), throw them out and I'm not talking about just Richards. (Gaborik, Del Zotto, girardi) it goes on and on
To me, it has nothing to do with Richard's play. I believe he can and will rebound next season. But I don't believe that he will be a productive player until he is 40, nor do I believe that he will play until he is 40. The last 3 years of his deal, he makes 1 mil per year. I can't see him sticking around for that.

IMO, the one and only reason for buying him out is because his contract has the potential to screw us on the cap recapture penalties. That's why he has to be bought out this year. If it wasn't for that, I'd say keep him and see if he can find his game again, then try to trade him at some point before he falls off a cliff.