View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 11:09 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I just think this board values young players or prospects or draft picks wayyyyy too much just my personal opinion. I'm all for youth aand we have alot of it but the way some people think Lindberg will just come in here and be a 3c or Kreider a fixture in the top 6 etc are crazy JMO would love to be proven wrong. Hank is not gonna wait and wait to win a cup and that's what scares me the most. We're not even a playoff without him
There are definitely many fans like that. Look how many want to trade Staal, an all-star dman when healthy and still young at 26, for the 5th overall pick. Yes, there are extenuating circumstances in that case, but many fans value potential more than reality. We are all guilty of it to a degree. And it's all because of that little thing called hope. We all hope that Kreider can be a 30 goal power forward. But if we lose faith that he can become that, we turn our attention to the next great hope.

It's human nature. Every fan base does it. Gardiner was the greatest thing since sliced break a couple years ago, and he still is according to most leaf fans. Just ask them. They'll tell you how awesome he is as they include him in every trade proposal.