View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Lshap
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
If you (and by you, I mean this thread) wanna compare MaxPac to Perry, then saying he needs to find his inner beast and use his size more is the incorrect way for MaxPac to go. What he needs to do is be able to maintain possession effectively (along the boards, open ice, etc.), shoot more effectively, and definitely crash the net. MaxPac went away from this at times this year (the crashing the net part).

Also if you want MaxPac to have a 50-goal season ever, he'll need to be on our top line playing with a skilled playmaking forward and another forward of similar skill level or much higher physicality (a la Bickell or Clarkson).
Actually, I said almost exactly the same thing as you just did. Max's 'inner beast' will help his game only when it comes to keeping and recovering the puck. There's room for improvement when it comes to aggressively pursuing the puck in a scrum, or fighting off defensemen when he has the puck. However, once he's got the puck, as I said, he's a shooting machine (he led the team in shots the past two seasons) who should keep shooting. As Lafleurs Guy originally said (which I agreed with), Max's strength isn't necessarily as a power forward. That role could be better filled by a Bickell-esque winger who could deflect Max's photon torpedoes into the net.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote