View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 12:38 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFactor View Post
I think people are underestimating Stephen Weiss. He's a hard nosed worker that can put up 20-25 goals a season and still is relatively young.

Yes, he had surgery on his wrist last season which is why he was struggling before he left for surgery. I think he's also been with a Florida team that hasn't done much year after year and emotional he is spent in Florida.

Watch him break-out with a better team.
I'm a big Weiss fan having watched him in Florida his entire career. I wish the 2 sides could've come to an agreement before he tested the market but I'm guessing the money and more importantly the term was just not able to match up.

One thing I wanted to mention since you reference his injury and struggling, Weiss has had wrist problems earlier in his career and he's had surgery several times on his wrist & hands while with the Panthers. I think thats why its still a risky thing for teams with signing him long term. As he gets older, those wrists wont be getting any better and if he's already had multiple issues over his career, you gotta think he'll be having more as he ages.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote