View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Brady Skjei

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
It's not going to be the popular opinion around here but I strongly believe that if we're going to trade a D-Man, it should be Girardi. He did not look very good for most of the last season and I strongly presume that his playing style is going to wear him down. I LOVE Girardi and the way he plays but the fact is that all of those pucks and hits are going to do damage physically. He looked worn down last year. Maybe some rest will do him some good... but I strongly suspect he's on the downslope of his career and that his trade value will never be as high as it is this year. Not to mention that he'll be looking for a raise next season. Not sure what he'd bring us but I'd much rather deal Danny G than DZ.

Del Zotto looked vulnerable a lot of last season but he moves the puck better than most of our current rotation and I personally attribute a lot of his vulnerability to his playing partner. Stralman is NOT a good defensive D-Man and is constantly out of position covering the break and in his own zone. DZ is not strong enough himself defensively to cover someone like Stralman but I think he still has value to this team and could benefit from a different pairing, specifically with a stay at home, lockdown defensive partner. I feel like Del Zotto had to deal with far more 2-on-1's than any other D-Man we have.
If we're dealing G, we better be getting a proven, solid RHD back as part of the package (or at least a cant-miss prospect). Without Girardi, our RHD depth is even more atrocious than it already is.