View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
That's fine, but what does being 31 years old have to do with it? That's my point. For 8 seasons fans have been praying he doesnt get hurt because of his value, and he hasnt been hurt. As long as Henrik takes care of himself the way he has for the last 8 years, there's no reason to believe he's going to break down any time soon.
Define "anytime soon." You listed Brodeur, Roy, and Hasek. 3 of the greatest of all-time. Part of the reason they are considered the greatest is their longevity. Other than these 3 guys the NHL is littered with goaltender whose performances took a nosedive around the age of 35. Maybe Lundqvist will avoid that, maybe he wont.

I find it difficult to have a conversation with you because you latch onto something and produce meandering and confusing arguments. This all started because you said that the Rangers are not at a critical time when it comes to winning now. I guess you think Lundqvist will be playing at the SAME level in 5-7 years? Thats a suckers bet coming from a real sucker. Those 3 greats above didnt even do that. And when Lundqvist begins to decline, which is inevitable, the position players will need to pick up the slack.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote