Thread: Rumor: It's Garrioch, So....
View Single Post
06-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I imagine the "No." came just as quick, or quicker, than the rumored "Avs told Florida the price for swapping picks is Gudbranson."

I honestly thought that some deal would happen between the two teams, involving one of the Panthers' prospects that aren't held in the same regard as Kulikov or Gudbranson, but strong enough/have enough value/quality that the Avs would swap down. (Someone like Shore/Petrovic/Robak/etc. not sure how off I am there)

But more and more it's looking like the Avs are going to stand-pat, take MacKinnon, the Panthers will stand pat, have their pick of either Drouin, Jones or Barkov and still get a hell of a player that will contribute as soon as next year.
I know why the Avs have to ask for that, but there's no way Tallon is going to give up Shore or Petrovic to move up one spot. Jones is on the same level as MacKinnon and Barkov and Drouin are considered blue chippers too. It's best if everyone keeps their picks, if the Avs really desire MacKinnon as much as they appear to. That's why trades with the #1 rarely happen.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote