View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
In contrast to what Jonathan said, I'm actually pretty pleased with his development. The kid is very skilled offensively, but over the last two years he's been pegged in a more defensive role and has improved that area of his game immensely. He's filling those gaps that take guys from "top six or bust" to viable 3rd line talent should the offensive game never really take off. However, I think the offense will come with a bigger role with the Irish next year.
He was a third liner in the BCHL. Granted it was a stacked team, but it was stacked when compared to other BCHL teams, which are significantly weaker than NCAA or CHL squads. I don't think the Penticton Vees would've been considered stacked if the same squad was playing in the NCAA or the CHL.

Last year he was a fourth liner in the NCAA. People say Notre Dame was stacked. Really? Do you think all 12 of their forwards become NHLers? Then how do you explain him being on the 4th line?

The fact that he's been beaten out by so many people who won't make the NHL for more playing time is not a great sign. Nor did his play show anything. He looked like a run of mill NCAA 4th liner. Foggy needs to improve a lot next year. So far he's just another 3rd round pick, which means he's looking at a career split between the AHL and the ECHL, and retirement by the age of 26.