Thread: Proposal: Jonathon Blum
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Think about what you are saying. They both did those things two seasons ago. If poile had traded them then, yes he would have got something for them. But then we would have been saying what an idiot poile was fir trading talented young players. But now the have both played themselves into the crapper. Poile could have dumped them when they first started to decline but by then the return would have been a low pick or another failing prospect, so instead he chose to hang on to them when they began to decline in hopes that they would return to form. It was a good gamble that didn't pay off. You can't go back and retroactively blame poile for not trading a player when they were playing well because at that time nobody thought they would end up being useless. It truly makes about as much sense as blaming poile for not getting anything for JP Dumont
I'm aware they have little value, which is why I want to keep them. They have shown potential, as they have both actually played well at this level, and letting them walk for nothing is a horrible move. Personally, I think they do still hold some value to teams that need depth, but if no one will offer anything, just keep them and see if they can reach that potential.

Trading them is fine. Keeping them is fine. Letting two young players who have had success at the NHL level walk for nothing is, in my mind, a huge mistake. I still think Blum ends up a #3/4D, and Hali a solid 3rd liner.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote