View Single Post
Old
01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Taking us back to the early '90s, I was wondering about these players.

Bellows - didn't have a long stay in Montreal but he had a couple good years here, including the Cup win. Over his career, would you call him a top line talent? Someone who could be on a Cup contending team's top line?

Muller - Personally, I felt he was part of the heart and soul for Montreal, and it was a mistake to move him at all. However, while he did put up some great numbers, he was inconsistent offensively. Would you consider him a top level player? Something more than an impact player--a guy you could mold a franchise around? This is talking about his prime years in Montreal, not the mucker we saw in Dallas by the way.

Odelein - I have to admit, I've always had a soft spot for cornelius. Aside from that one year where he thrived offensively, would you say he was ever a legitimate top four defenseman in Montreal?

Like Muller, I felt Odelein was a part of the heart and soul in Montreal. A player who'd defend teammates, defend the goalie, and basically complement whoever he was playing with quite well. I remember Malakhov played some of his best hockey next to Odelein.

Any opinions on these guys would be much appreciated.
They were all over the hill by the time they left Montreal. The guys we should have kept are well documented: Chelios, Lemieux, Carbonneau, Leclair, Desjardins, Roy...sigh...