View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
JoeFlyer

vCash: 500
Is anyone really that sold on B. Schenn as a winger? Seems to me we have the same problem of trying to play centres on the wing because we have too many. That's one reason I'd bring back Gagne. Best years are well behind hime but he's a solid winger who chips in with a points, great for the 3rd line and not too expensive (I'd think). Same goes for Fedotenko.

If you start with the 3rd line first and say: Gagne - Couturier / Laughton - Fedotenko. Put Talbot on the 4th and he can step up as an when needed.

From there say that either Schenn or Couturier is your 2nd line centre (Giroux and Voracek on 1st line). This leaves Hartnell, Simmonds and Read to take the other 3 spots.

You could to add another good winger there which means you can trade one of those 3 and 1 of either B. Schenn, Couturier and Laughton. (I guess you could drop Read to the 3rd line and not resign either Gagne or Fedotenko but I suspect when Reads contract expires he'll demand more than those two so it might be worth cashing in on his trade value now - or resign him now).

Or you could go nuts and take a shot a Seth Jones? Couturier or Laughton, 1st round pick, Cobrun or Mesz for no.2 if Colorado aren't using it. Seems there's a few things you could do if we stop trying to fit players in actually get players we need...

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote