View Single Post
Old
06-28-2013, 09:28 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426533

Quote:
Steve Mason was about to tee off on the back nine when Brayden Schenn interrupted with a breaking report.

"Have you heard the news," Schenn asked.

A puzzled Mason had no clue what Schenn was about to spill: Ilya Bryzgalov had his contract bought out by the Philadelphia Flyers.

When it comes to Flyers goaltenders, Mason is suddenly the leader in the clubhouse.
Mason is out doing things with his new teammates?

I don't remember Bryzgalov ever doing that.

Quote:
"You almost hit rock bottom in terms of the way you feel about yourself as a goaltender," Mason said. "It got to the point in Columbus where I was struggling to find my confidence and also, struggling to come to the rink happy about playing hockey."
I pointed out that him being unhappy in Columbus could turn out to be a huge win for us if he likes being here. Surrounding him with a new atmosphere, putting around players he knew from juniors/WJCs, and making hockey exciting for him again could lead to a huge turnaround in his play.

Quote:
"It was an extremely easy team to come into," Mason said. "and feel welcomed."

Example? Mason was invited along with captain Claude Giroux and other Flyers to play in Scott Hartnell's charity golf tournament in Canada. That's when word hit that Bryz was out -- and Mason was in.

"It wasn't a celebration," Mason said. "It was, here's an opportunity and go with it."

CS is offline   Reply With Quote