Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Fifth highest SH TOI among forwards.

Ryan Smyth 118 min
Lennart Petrell 90 min
Eric Belanger 81 min
Shawn Horcoff 77 min
Sam Gagner 76 min

I also saw someone post that he was statistically the best PKer among forwards. I'd appreciate if someone could post those stats on the board since I'm afraid some posters are glossing over the very respectable work Gagner did on the PK last season.
Wow 5th! behind two centers who were hurt for large chunks of the year and another forward who was a healthy scratch a lot. Not to mention Jones who was out for a large chunk as well and for sure would have been ahead of Gagner in minutes. Thats like being the 5th ugliest girl at a dance where only 5 girls attend.

What was he in PKTOI/G among forwards?

Not too much to expect him to be ahead of the one armed 19 year old kid in PKTOI is it?

Face it he got the easy mop up minutes. He was the 3rd option for PK C. If Horcoff or Belanger took a penalty he may have had to take a shift on the PK. It wasnt because Gagner was a great PKer that he got PK minutes. It was because the GM who built the team was a moron, it was because the top two options for PK centers got hurt. When Belanger and Horcoff were in the lineup he didnt get PK time.