View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 12:55 AM
KlimasLoveChild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
How many of our forwards are adept at that and where are the D, and why are they vacating the area of the net so often when this nature of thing is occurring?
I would say all the other centers on the team are more adept at that then Gagner. As for the second part, I'd have to look at the specific play to determine that but the d is also lacking.

Quote:
One of the specific problems Gagner has is linemates that don't provide much puck support in own zone when we do momentarily possess it. Yak and Hemmer(and this for his career) haven't always been that adept at own zone play. You can't just look at the one player in isolation.
I agree his line mates weren't the best for puck support. I do however question clearly missed assignments when we don't have the puck. He was good for a ***** or two a game. It is possible to isolate a player and determine if he is pulling his weight.

Quote:
If the Oilers thought gagner was so horrible in ownzone would they spend so many years with him tutoring raw rookies and now giving him PK assignment?
Remember this is the same team that has been grooming Buchberger to be the next Scotty Bowman.