View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Couldn't tell you.

Save the Smyth deal, they haven't made any of note since you and I first chatted on this board (2001).

And the results speak for themselves.

Look, far be it for me to tell Wang/Snow how to conduct the 20-year rebuild. I gave up on that long ago.

And not advocating for Milller, Vanek or ANY player who does not fit the pipedream trade criteria of "young, cheap and locked up long-term"...and available in exchange for crumbs.

I'm just perplexed reading how it is ridiculous to expect a team to give up anything for two, in-their-prime all-stars, let alone be on the hook for having to re-sign them once their contracts expire. How dare you ask a trading partner to take on ANY risk, whatsoever!

Yashin, Peca, Hamrlik...

The Isles were brought to their knees by home run deals for expensive vets.

And, when they moved back to competitiveness, it has been on the backs of a young nucleus developed from within.

With regard to Miller and Vanek, I really don't care what Buffalo does. Not my problem. Whether it makes sense for another team to spend assets on those guys in the hopes of resigning, is not my call. I am glad the Isles will not be involved though.

Snow is simply not going to give up his kids. In short, he is the exact GM we both know I always wanted.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 06-29-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote