View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 08:48 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
While I'm really not happy about the gamble/risk involved - there's no denying that this team would have poor center depth going into next season had he been bought out. If one of Stepan or Brassard suffered an injury next season for any significant period of time, we'd be relying on a Boyle and two rookies (Miller/Lindberg?) to center the remaining 3 lines. That's just awful and it's hard to imagine we could field a competitive team in the absence of any center depth.
No team is going to be immune to injuries to key players dismantling the lineup. Also they would've had another $6.7m to shore up the third line center spot and top six wing. Unless you're moving Richards/Brassard to LW, bringing him back just doesn't seem to be in line with what AV wants from his lines.

If you're doing an offense, offense, checking, energy split of the lines, you're basically stuck doing along the following:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash (offense)
Richards/Brassard - Brassard/Richards - MZA (offense)
Hagelin - Boyle/Lindberg/Miller/UFA - Callahan (checking)
Asham - Boyle/UFA - Dorsett (energy)
Pyatt

EDIT: And really, I don't think we have the money to even afford a good third line center at this point, so I think Boyle on the third line with Lapierre or another 4th line center being brought in is more likely if Lindberg/Miller are not ready.