View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 10:04 AM
abracanada

vCash: 500
There is an old saying that "attitude is everything." Sometimes, when a person is playing injured or has an unproductive season, everyone gets on their back. It is like having someone looking over your shoulder for every mistake you make, then broadcasting it for everyone (including your family) to hear. There is an opportunity that is being provided here for both Tanguay and Jones.

I believe being given a chance at a new start is just what both players need. Do I think Jones' best years are behind him? No, not if he can reenergize himself and stay healthy.

Some people never permit themselves a little optimism and prefer to think about how bad things can get. It feels so good when reclamation projects succeed, that possibility alone is worth the price of admission.

The fate of the franchise does not ride on Jones' shoulders. He may flop, or he may be a very pleasant surprise.

It is interesting to note that his 27 goal season, (his most productive) came after his injury so I believe he will be able to bounce back to his best physically, and I hope this trade is exactly what he needs.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote