View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Flying

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I would... if we pick him at 11 it is a silly risk.

I always remember Boris Valabik and how much he rose for being a big, tough D man who was defensively aware and had 'potential' to be more offensive.

Look how that panned out.

Morin is a better skater than Valabik though, which improves his chance of success greatly, and is more disciplined.

If we get a later 1st in addition to the #11, I would be happy to take Morin, not at 11 though.
i don't think the comparison to valabik is fair because he was drafted by Atlanta who has had maybe a handful of decent players that were drafted by them and panned out, their coaching was awful almost all the time, plus he couldn't stay healthy.

i agree with what you say about drafting him later. though i think a team will make a really big reach for him in the top 15 like when McIlrath got drafted at 10 overall.

i wouldn't draft him if guys like risto or nurse are on the board, but i think he's on that tier with zadorov where it's like "he's a safe pick to be like a 2nd or 3rd pairing at worse but if they develop and reach their upside, watch out"