Thread: Tickets: Ticket Prices 2013-2014
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
srsly989

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanese View Post
For the Row 1s to be valuable to season ticket holders, MSG will need to change the way they can be posted on TicketsNow, StubHub etc. Right now, the casual single-ticket buyer does not search for those seats, and sees them offered in a list of all seats in the bigger section (e.g. all of Sec 225 is lumped together). It's really hard to make your money back on Row 1 seats during the regular season (and I struggled to break even on them even during the playoffs). I dumped mine in the middle of Section 225 on Thursday morning and they are still available, so the "smart money" subscribers have figured this out.

Barring that, MSG will be stuck using them either as "forced" entry tickets for new subscribers or selling them as single game seats. Which, as pointed out, may not be a bad economic decision for Jimbo and friends.
Those Row 1 seats are overpriced as heck on StubHub. It's getting impossible for a "casual" ticket buyer (what does that even mean) to be able to buy tickets fairly priced. People see the Row 1 prices, and skip them right away. They were going for $250+ a pop last season.