06-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I like this part.

Isles had good pieces but were mostly a one line team. Okposo and Bailey finally started to click and down the stretch the Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo was beastly. Went like 11 games with one goal against them and many for.

Add in the fact that Grabner is always a threat on the third line and McDonald is a very pleasant surprise who paced himself for 15 goals bouncing around the 3rd and 4th line depth is there with a promising center prospect in Nelson centering them this next season. Then there are Cizikas and Martin on the 4th line. Cizikas is too good for the 4th line and we go from a team who has nothing but one line to a team with great depth up front.

Isles also have a strength in puck moving. Visnovsky is a clear catalyst for that in my eyes. Other players in MacDonald, Hickey and Streit were also effective in making the transition game deadly. Donovan should be able to take Streit's spot seamlessly.

As far as Nino, he played on the 4th line as a rookie. With Marty 'one goal in his Islander career' Reasoner and Jay 'I can't believe he isn't retired' Pandolfo. He gets a pass on that season for me.

The problem came after he didn't get an invite to training camp after a strong AHL start that had us saying, damn right, that's getting back on the saddle and requested a trade (blamed on his agent) and finished the year pretty bad. I don't want him and Isles don't need a prima donna around. I think this is what you classify as a change of scenery player. Realizes his mistakes but bridges were burned. Still has great talent and is a physical specimen. Like a moose.

And yes, with 5 years of high picks our prospect pool is strong so picks, prospects and Nino are our chips.

I came wondering what the price is for Myers.
A few may disagree, but most of us prefer to roll the dice on Myers rather than trade him for anything less than a player with reasonable franchise potential, accepting that Myers would just be part of a package. Tavares is the only clear player of that regard and let's not waste time finishing this sentence

Strome is a top prospect for sure but I don't classify him as a future franchise player type of prospect. If I were more disgruntled with Myers then he and Strome would be fair bases for a starting point but I'm not at that point and neither are most here.

Not sure I'd be overly interested in an Isles return without unfair overpayment.