View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Yes, yes.. we all know the 2010 draft looks disappointing compared to the 2011 and 2012 drafts (especially 2011).. but that draft wasn't bad at the time, which is what matters.

Kayes was considered a reach at the time; Rensfeldt was coming off a great U18 and Junior season in Sweden and was widely considered an early 2nd round pick; Simpson was a highly rated goaltending prospect and Holl and Johns were both ranked in the mid-2nd to mid-3rd round.

I don't think it will end up being a bad draft the Hawks. I think Hayes will be a solid fringe top-6/third line forward. I think Johns will end up a solid #5 Dman. Simpson could be a 1B type or backup. Nordstrom looks like a depth forward/PKer and Mac Carruth could be a backup.

If 2-3 of those guys reach their potential, it will have been a good draft for the Hawks. Yes, it could have been a great one, but the picks weren't really bad at the time. The guy I disliked most at the time was Holl and he's been the 2nd biggest disappointment, but I completely understand why the Hawks took him where they did.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote