View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 08:36 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hayes is still playing in NCAA ,, You cant judge him against others who didn't go same route and scream about how it is negative he hasn't played in NHL.. Of course he hasn't played in NHL he is still in college

And again Bruins were looking at Kevin Hayes.. He wouldn't have been there at #30 so Bowman took him at #24
He might have been there at #30. Just because the Bruins were looking at him or wanted him doesn't mean they will trade up to get him or one of the 5 teams between pick #24 and #30 will want to trade down. Maybe the Bruins were planning on trading up in the 2nd round to get him.

I realize the book isn't out on Hayes yet, but he is about to spend another year in college and usually 1st rounders are in the AHL/NHL by this time. And anyways, I never called Hayes a bust and I do like his potential but IMO he is still needs a few years in the AHL before he can even make the NHL. I mean why exactly is he still at BC? He should be in the AHL getting used to playing against more physical play. He needs work defensively, needs to hustle more on the backcheck, needs to work on faceoffs ... I think he'd of been much better off at the AHL level but I guess they didn't think he'd get playing time or something? Not sure.

The point was how trading down doesn't always work out and the awful Rensfeldt pick came to mind.

BTW, many scouting services and the Canucks draft list that recently came out actually had another Swede Calle Jarnkrok above Rensfeldt and I've seen many Swedish posters here comment about how stupid it was to take Rensfeldt over Jarnkrok and they didn't understand why. Jarnkrok is a top prospect for Detroit while Rensfeldt wasn't even signed. Bad pick. No matter how anyone spins it when you draft a bust it is a bad pick. Or maybe the Beach pick was great because at the time he was considered a steal and a top 10 talent....

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote