View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I don't want Richards here, but I will not be rooting against him. As long as he is a NYR player taking a regular shift, I'm going to be rooting hard for the guy shift in and shift out.

I hope that he gets back to being at the very least a 60-65 point guy. I'd prefer he get to the 75+ point type season, but with his declining skill set a 60+ point season would be acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
He supports former players. That Gaborik guy who was oft injured and took shifts/games off and played well every other year, he supports him.

1st off (and please take note Kershaw, there is no R is 1ST), Richards had one down season. He scored big goals all the previous season. He was a top center when we signed him. I can see him making a turnaround next season, as I can see Gaborik, but he is not on the Rangers. Did the lockout affect every player? Yes, but Riichards looked off the entire season. I'd like to see him with a real camp and season to prepare for. He had 60+ points at least when he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Simple: I want the team to succeed.

And while Richards was horrible most of last year--I don't think it was on purpose. I hope he will have a better year and the Rangers overall will be a better team.

I'm a Rangers fan--been one for over 45 years. What else can I do? I'm not going to give up now and regardless of my feelings about the coach or management, I will always root for the team to win.

It has nothing to do with being an optimist or a realist, it has to do with being a fan of a particular team.
It's not like I'm cheering for him to fail lol. I just don't see him as a solution and his terrible play lasts season left me very bitter that he's still on this roster. I'm just not anticipating a turnaround because he showed very little in games last season.