View Single Post
Old
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I don't get what last year has to do with what kind of NHL career the kid will have. I want a guy with the arrow pointing upward. I don't want a kid like Pulock who's gone from a top 5 pick last year to a guy that might go in the 20s. Remember Erik Karlsson? Remember Angelo Esposito?

You have to keep in mind the nuances of playing defense versus forward are exponentially greater when considering the jump from midget hockey to junior hockey. You also have to consider Morin was one of those guys that had a rapid growth spurt and was learning to get accustomed to his body. The kid's a very good skater for a kid his size, his hands are improving, and with his leverage, and as he gets stronger he's going to be able to pound the puck. I remember watching him in the prospect game and coming away impressed with his hands and movement skills. I figured he'd be a big lumbering guy. I was wrong.

He's high risk high reward. If there's one amateur league the Flyers know, its the Q.
You know who's arrow wasn't pointing upward when he was drafted? Sean Couturier.