View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I said before his profile is similar to Tyler Myers up to this point in their careers. Chara is the dream scenario.
Morin gets the Myers comparison because Myers actually produced offensively after putting up squat (like Morin) in Juniors. Unfortunately, for every Myers there are 10 guys that end up being 2nd or 3rd pairing defensemen.

Quote:
I like Nurse, I'm neutral on Zadorov, I'm down on Ristolainen, I'm down on Pulock, I like Morrissey but I think he's a tiny reach at 11
I would take each and every one of those guys ahead of Morin. I won't be crying myself to sleep if it ends up being Morin, but I would feel like it was a huge reach at 11 and we missed on better players. I understand the want for a top pairing guy, but (using loose numbers) taking a guy who is 10% to be top pairing, 25% to be top 4, 40% to make the pros and 25% or so to be a wiff probably is worse for this franchise than a guy who slots at a much higher liklihood (imo) to be at least a top 4 guy. I see a lot of Suter in Puluck and think he could be a very effective two-way D-man in the next 2-3 years.

Quote:
I we end up with Nichushkin I won't be mad at all. He can be as good offensively as anyone in this draft.
Agree here. Love Nichushkin and would take him 4th overall given the opportunity. So much to like about his game. If we move up into the top 5-7, that's who I hope it's to take.