View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Chief

vCash: 500
In doing my research, I actually gained greater appreciation for Greschner. I didn't realize just how good he was offensively.

I think Greschner's injuries (5 seasons with at least 30 games lost to injuries) hurt his legacy...but...

In 77-78 Greschner was 4th among all defensemen in scoring (Potvin, Park, Salming were 1-3). In 78-79 Greschner scored 53 points in 60 games. Potvin was far ahead of everyone that season in scoring and Larry Robinson and Robert Picard joined Salming, Park and Greschner as players who were in the point-per-game neighborhood.

8 seasons with double-digit goals. 4 with over 20 goals and he had 17 in only 48 games due to the lockout-shortened season in 94-95...and he had 17 goals in 60 games in 78-79.

I won't post anymore of his stats. Everyone knows where to find them but he has climbed a bit on my final list.

Neilson is a guy I dropped because he was no better than 3rd best on his Ranger team depth charts for a lot of his Ranger tenure. I am going to drop one of Heller or Pratt as well for the same reason. It strikes me as a mistake to have 3 players who played together on this list - especially if they are all playing the same style.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote