View Single Post
Old
01-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
These types of comments are people who have not followed Chad's career. The guy is an amazing bodychecker, I don't know why, but since the Carolina series, he hasn't hit nearly enough. Just ask Rivet, he said Kilger's one of if not the hardest hitter in the league.

I think its a problem of intensity more then anything and I'm not gonna put the blame on everyone else, if so many teams picked him up its because he got his chance.

I really hope it goes well for him, he's a player I like very much both as a person and as a hockey player, but he's gotta give 100% every game,
100% agree

I don't deny the intensity is there, but my belief is Chad's complex is in the minutes, and trust from the brain trust. Nobody on this team has been shuffled around more than Kilger. Nobody on this team has been shown less faith than Kilger. Yet nobody wants to believe that these problems should effect a players game and his untimely outburst on some reporters. Koivu as much as I believe he's a great leader and player had a cold stretch for the first 5 games... The media clamored all over his back. But management supported him, and gave him the time he needed on the ice to break through and produce at a great pace. It is clearly evident in the stats, Chad does not get these oppurtunities. That is what I do not like about the treatment of Chad... A coach/GM MUST give faith in a player. That is my point with Audette. He got a tremendous amount of playing time for what he contributed... 15 goals and 22 Assists was the result of Audette's 90 games played in his career as a hab. 37 points. With almost 5 minutes more playing time. The ironic thing I see is that Kilger when given those extra 5 minutes seems much more involved in the play.

Getting 3:24 in an important game (which we lost against Toronto) is disheartening for any player to endure. add 10 minutes more to Kilger's game, and maybe he'd be an important piece in that game. But as many are testifying, they'd rather shut the door on his abilities because he's not productive. As I've stated before, some players just cannot be productive when they get 1-2 shifts in a period. Some need involvement.