View Single Post
Old
01-08-2004, 08:51 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I loved Skrudland too, and Keane was always one of my favorites. Part of being a good GM is knowing when to trade someone.You can argue Muller's trade from a hockey point of view weighing declining abilities against intangibles, but it wasn't political. Moving Muller was a Savard decision, at least I believe it was. Whatever the true story was with Schneider and Roy, well, Patrick was going to win that battle. I'll dispute whether Damphousse was soft or not and he along with Muller was a key contributor in 93. I didn't like the Chelios trade as Denis Savard had little left by the time we got him and trading a player like Chelios is never a good thing. That being said, if half the Chelios stories are true, or just one in particular, there really was no choice. I tend to discount stories about off ice fun and frolic, but there are lines you can't cross and Chelios crossed too many of them. Then again maybe my reliable source isn't reliable. I do believe that including Keane in the Roy trade was sheer idiocy.