View Single Post
Old
10-21-2006, 12:26 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
I love the game the "Cube" brings, but the salary relief will help in finding a real scoring 2nd line centre which I think we need. Pleks is good, but I think he is a Bonk type of player strong two way play with the potential of being a contributor in the point column too. I do not want to toy with Bonk on the 2nd line because I feel Johnson and Bonk really have a chemistry and compliment each other well on the ice, Perezhogin is a none factor there and maybe a player like Latendresse would benefit on that line to get involved more and to get more scoring opportunities than he would with Downey/Murray and Begin.

Skill needs to be with skill and a good skating and offensive minded centre is needed to play with Sammy and Kovy. Ryder/Koivu/Higgins all compliment each other well because of there styles of hard work along the boards, their own end and so on. And like I said above Bonk and Johnson seem to have that too together and need that winger to compliment it further, that is my whole reasoing in why a 2nd line skilled centre is needed with Kovy and Sammy.

Now that I think about it I think Begin had some good chemistry with Bonk last season and he maybe be helpful to play alongside Johnson and Bonk. That would allow a more skilled and two player in Plekanec's to play with Latendresse and a hard working player like Downey/Murray or another skilled player in Perezhogin.

Either way a legit #2 centre is needed and the cap space with Cube out opens up space for rumored available players like Conroy at $2.3 million and Nedved same $2.3 million salary (he would do well with Kovy and Sammy, but we would have to unload some unwanted salary like a Rivet to make it work...Philly doesn't need anymore slow D though. Comrie at $3 million maybe available too, sure some will say he is a Ribs clone but he plays a gritter game and I think playing with the likes of Kovy and Sammy would bring out his game and the speed and skill of that line would be sick! Not only that Comrie is a self centred type who thrieved iin Edmonton with all of the attention, I think the same would happen in Montreal and he maybe worth the gamble to have two effective scoring lines.

The Cube injury hurts, but it also could be a blessing if Montreal can address its 2nd line centre needs. Plus Streit is a a good dman in the new NHL and he plays well, and if Dandy is out for a while too then I think a Cote or O'Bryne call up doesn't hurt this team in the #6-#7 position either.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote