View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 03:44 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
We still have Forsberg, Wilson was comming to his own, Hard working Bourque can score a few. I think we'll be fine for scoring.

I'm happy with Jones, we have our defense set and now we can sign some free agents
The last time we signed a big-money free agent who wasn't originally our property was Arnott - that was 2006. I would say the likelihood of us signing free agents is pretty unlikely. Wilson tops out as a 65-point player, and Bourque will likely be a 40 point guy most of his career. At the absolute best, he's another Erat, and we need much, MUCH more than that if we want to compete with Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, and Minnesota on a regular basis.

I stand by my previous statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Jones is a tremendous talent, but there comes a point this high in the draft, and when needs become so painfully obvious to anyone who watches a team for five minutes, that need takes precedent over BPA. The Predators' coaches, management, and fans have, at varying times, pissed, moaned, griped, whined, run to the ends their chains and barked, complained, shrugged, speculated, golly-gee'd, and cried about this team's need for world class scoring forwards to go with our world class defensemen and goaltender, and that's exactly what's going to happen for most of next week once free agency opens. This is the organization's chance to stop saying, "we did the best we could, but we came up short" and ****ing do something about it. Nobody knows when a chance like this will come along again. It's an opportunity to radically alter the team's culture. Drafting a defenseman would be a complete waste of that opportunity.
I look forward to hearing David Poile wring his hands over the cost of free agents and how he believes in our current forwards because their character gives him the warm-fuzzies despite their lack of skill.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote