View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 03:52 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanLafortune View Post
Hope he gets back there, but even my friends within the Colts are not sure what he is right now, and there are no veterans are the market right now, so...
He's a wildcard I suppose, but I also hope he can get back there. I thought the Colts believed in him - elsewise why not trade him away at the deadline? I'm sure teams were sniffing after him...

Quote:
Shore won't be coming to Barrie. Jim Nill took over in Dallas after being the right hand man and 'prosepct guru' in Detroit. Nill loves players to 'cook' in the minors. Brendan Smith, Riley Sheehan, Landon Ferrero, etc. I can't remember the last prospect that Nill has moved into the CHL. Shore probably is a 3-4 year guy in Maine.
They did say the same thing about Lemieux...but assuming you're right, how about LaBanc?

Quote:
With regards to Imports, its not simply 'deciding' to bring in a high end import. The Colts will be picking 47th and 107th, and you are no longer allowed to trade Import picks.
Is the no-trading for sure? Nobody seems to be able to point to that decision being made. Assuming it is, you may be right.

I guess we'll see - but Ekblad has demonstrated a high level of play as the de facto number one defenceman through 4 rounds of the OHL playoffs. No way to know how McKeown will respond to that pressure until such time as he does it.

Quote:
Barrie has too many holes and too many players leaving in order to be 'the team to beat' versus teams like Sudbury, North Bay and Kingston, who are simply looking to fill holes, not will the shoes of a Schiefele or Camara.
I never said "team to beat", I just have confidence that they can make it. As for Kingston, they haven't finished in the top three in the Eastern conference in 20 years. I expect their leadership will screw things up.

Interestingly, Horvat and Domi just went higher than others expected (I expected Bo to go top 10) in the draft...wonder what that means...

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote