View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Predsrule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
The last time we signed a big-money free agent who wasn't originally our property was Arnott - that was 2006. I would say the likelihood of us signing free agents is pretty unlikely. Wilson tops out as a 65-point player, and Bourque will likely be a 40 point guy most of his career. At the absolute best, he's another Erat, and we need much, MUCH more than that if we want to compete with Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, and Minnesota on a regular basis.

I stand by my previous statement:

I look forward to hearing David Poile wring his hands over the cost of free agents and how he believes in our current forwards because their character gives him the warm-fuzzies despite their lack of skill.
And what pick left their changes that.. Lindholm is 1 year at best away. This takes care of one o our big needs we would of had I fill as a number 4d NEXT year.... Nuk was only other player who would of helped us next year and this place would be much more angry right now if we took him.. We wanted barkov.. As I was saying could happen he was gone lone b4 we took him. We took what was the best left and got a player who was 1-2 over all all year.. We got great value for our 4th in the end lets take it..

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote