View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I see esteemed Flyers insider Anthony San Fillippo run off this notes what he's heard.

RT @AnthonySan37: Goulbourne is a 19-yr-old LW 5-10, 195. Here's what they say about him: "hard-worker, willing to go through a wall, teammates love him...

RT @AnthonySan37: " willing to block shots. Great character leader. Warrior. Tough and respected."

The first 7 things he says, has nothing to do with hockey skill. The only thing about anything resembling defense is 'willing to block shots.'

I'm sure his chance will come as an older player when some older guys are moved out, but point is that the discussion is taking place little if any discussion about actually playing hockey. Nothing about shooting, puck possession, defense, penalty killing. Nothing. Not even the lack of it. Nobody has seen good or bad attributes. That is how you know you've made a bad pick.
From the sounds of it he'll be a bottom six winger who will be a penalty killer. A heart and soul guy whos a great teammate. It's either that or he doesn't make the NHL. What the **** can i say? I know nothing about the guy because I never heard of him.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote