06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Hockey Prospects.com, #74:
Quote:
Bailey, Justin – RC – Kitchener Rangers (OHL) – 6’3” 186
Justin was selected in the 7th round of the 2011 OHL Priority Selection Draft by the Kitchener Rangers out of the Buffalo Regals U16 program. Justin showed off his talents with the Long Island Royals of the AYHL last season scoring almost a goal per game and putting up 34 points in 22 games. Justin also got a brief two game experience with the Indiana Ice (USHL) scoring 1 goal. Justin more than doubled his games played when he joined the Kitchener Rangers this season and entered the league with tremendous hype and expectations. While he may not have quite lived up to the unfair and lofty expectations, Justin certainly had a very successful rookie season. Things started out slowly for Justin receiving ice primarily on the 4th line. He never really moved beyond the 3rd line this season due to the tremendous depth and veteran presence on the Rangers, but he worked well with his line mates providing some depth scoring down the stretch. Bailey’s work ethic improved and he battled for loose pucks and attempted to create turnovers. Justin likes to have the puck on his stick and is always looking for scoring opportunities in the offensive zone. He has shown some flashes of creativity with the puck. He works hard to be reliable in the defensive zone and is good at assisting his defenders down low and can play a full 200 feet. He has a tremendous shot that fools many goaltenders. His skating stride is fairly choppy and he has issues generating speed in his first few steps. While he is capable of reaching a good speed for a 6’3” forward, he needs to continue to work on his skating in the offseason. Although he’s a big kid, Bailey rarely gets involved in the physical aspect of the game, which may be a confidence issue at this point. He should look to add strength to his frame in the offseason in preparation for next year. Bailey will be looked upon to play a much larger role in the Rangers offensive plans next season as they graduate a number of key veterans.
Quotable: “I keep waiting to be blown away by this kid but I keep leaving the rink wanting more. He’s a 3rd rounder for me.” - NHL Scout
Quotable: “I spoke to Justin this year and I really like the kid. He was well spoken, gave thoughtful answers, and was realistic about where his game was at that point of the season. As for his game, it was hit and miss, he lacked consistency. I thought he was turning a corner at one point of the season but I thought that he continued to struggle to keep an upward trend in his progression. I think he is behind others when it comes to thinking the game. He seemed a step behind at times, especially when he played with some of Kitchener’s top forwards.” - Mark Edwards