View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Mercalius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
this draft was an utter disappointment for me.... sigh, what's new. im a preds fan. we're cursed...... NONECKSCURSE
Free agency hasn't started yet and there are still plenty of trades to be made.

With one pick, and the re-signing of Josi, we've solidified one of the stoutest back-ends in the NHL. Not for a season, not for two seasons, but for years to come. That has to be enticing to free-agents. Forget that we're in the South, forget the small market. Forget the label of us being a "cheap" team as we've managed this defensive-corp with a pretty decent budget considering their talent. Why wouldn't a dynamic FA want to play here? The mantra that Trotz will ruin them? I really find that laughable. We all wanted a forward (well most of us) but the fact that two teams were willing to throw multiple firsts our way and we stood pat for Jones shows just show valuable the league views him. That's with the commodities of Weber and Josi on our roster and Pekks in net. If I'm a forward, Nashville jumps on my short-list of calls to take as if you're chasing hardware, what other teams offer the long-term stability on the defensive end (that's perennially proven to go far in the playoffs) that we do? There aren't many.

Mercalius is online now   Reply With Quote