View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 09:18 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Considering that this pick is neither safe nor high upside (unless you are hoping for offense to materialize out of nowhere), I am not pleased with it. Given how the draft shook out, the Flyers had terrible luck to be sitting there at #11 and I wish they had traded either up or down instead of just taking their lumps.
Morin has the highest upside next to Jones in the draft. His probability of hitting it isn't as good, but how you can say this guy has no upside is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I find it difficult to get behind this pick. If the Flyers had gone off the board to get a forward, I wouldn't love it, but I'd trust them due to their record with 1st round forwards. The flyers' record with defensemen, specifically 1st round defensemen is horrendous though, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt here from me.
Pitkanen, Sbisa, and Woywitka? All three are/were NHL defenseman. Just because they haven't picked defenseman doesn't mean they don't know how to evaluate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
False. See: Shea Weber and his 18 points in 70 games in the WHL in his draft year.
Tyler Myers. Was NHL rookie of the year less than two years after he was drafted. Big guys take longer to develop offensively.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote