View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Mercalius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Don't forget there is no state income tax in TN. The has to be appealing for guys looking for big money. Low cost of living. No income tax. Solid team with a stable ownership group, stable GM, stable coach. Both Poile and Trotz are highly respected across the league.

The longer I thought about it today the more I liked the Jones pick. Yeah I would've liked Barkov or Drouin, but if Jones turns into the player people think he will be we are suddenly one of the hardest teams with which to match up. Our transition game will also improve, as will our PP. We can roll two PP units with excellent defensemen (Weber/Jones/Josi/Ellis).

On to 5 July.
I wanted to punch my monitor when Barkov was taken at 2. I had hoped it was homerism that had hyped him into a legit top 2-3 pick after researching him so heavily the last few months, but obviously - it wasn't. What I realized after I calmed down was, even after Drouin was off the boards, was that we still landed one of the most elite talents in this draft, that still filled a need, and will allow Poile to focus sniper-style on the remaining holes on our team - goal scoring. I think their moves today show how high they are on Wilson and Forsberg, but all of Poile's talk leading up to today was about landing a forward. Just because we lucked on Jones sliding to 4 doesn't make me think he'll forget about that need. Luckily, the addition of Jones might actually make us MORE enticing to free agents now that they see they could be the guy here. It could be a blessing in disguise...you know, in addition to us having a defense that will make small children cry, hehe.

Mercalius is offline   Reply With Quote