View Single Post
06-30-2013, 10:29 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Honestly, it's not really the player itself. Just that my biggest dissapointment of that draft was to have passed on Dauphin and Carrier. Not having Poirier is also dissapointing but there's nothing we could have done. I understand the Fucale at 36. But De La Rose at 34 is tough to take and we will have to wait his development. But I will say right now that I'm expecting Dauphin AND Carrier to play much bigger roles on their team....unless Carrier goes all Bourret on me.
Bergevin said last year's draft was about scoring, this year's draft was about addressing size and character. He wasn't looking for a Zykov or a Mantha, he was looking for guys who complemented Collberg, Bozon and Hudon.

His quote: "Certain players get you into the playoffs, other players get you through the playoffs." I can't say I disagree with him.

I think Bergevin saw that we had a glaring hole in our prospect pool and felt he had to address it. I can't say I disagree with him. With limited number of contracts, I don't see a reason to draft another Collberg when the other types of players that help you win the Cup can't be gained as UFAs.

We did not draft BPA this year because we already had those players in our pool.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote