View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 09:38 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I've seen this comparison thrown around a ton, but I do want people to realize that for every Tyler Myers there are a slew of big men taken in the first round with similar offensive production at an identical age that never develop offense at all. I hate comparables in general, but when we're talking about Morin, the landscape is generally bleak... there's Tyler Myers, Adam Foote, then..... Jeff Woywitka and David Wilkie.

Morin was easily the highest selected of them other than Myers, so yes, there is hope, but people need to understand that this was a risky pick that will require a strong development effort out of his Juniors team and the Flyers over the next 3-4 years.

Much like Stolarz, Flyer fans would be best served putting Morin out of their mind for a couple of years
There are very few 6'6 defenseman let alone 6'6 defenseman with mobility. It's a rare group. Myers, Hedman,...? If you want to lump him into the Boris Valabik and Vlad Mahalik category go ahead but he's much more skilled than those guys.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote