View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 10:39 PM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

vCash: 500
i think a lot of people are selling Morin short (pun intended). I think the fact that he's risen this high since midterm rankings speaks for the untapped potential that the Flyers organization saw in him. He has very high hockey IQ, he can really move for a big man, and he handles the puck with a calm about him. I think people are assuming he's purely a shutdown, defensive defenseman, but i see a lot of untapped offensive potential in him. The fact that Chris Pronger likely had a hand in getting this kid drafted says a lot in my mind. I think this kid has the potential to really put his game together here over the next couple years and i think he has the potential to be a top pairing defenseman when all is said and done. However, i think there's also a chance that he may pan out to be nothing more than a Nicklas Grossmann/Hal Gill type guy with better mobility...

I think he's definitely an NHL player though, at what capacity is the question. His size/hockey IQ and skating ability alone lend itself to that...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote